Home     Destinations      Travel Tips     Photos     Maps     Beer     Contact Info

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Taganga

We arrived in Taganga this afternoon. It was about a four hour bus trip. And by bus I mean a 10 passenger van with 15 passengers in it. The seats were about half as wide as the crappy seats in the back of an airplane with about a third of the legroom. A couple of hours into the trip, some people got off and I was able to move to a spot where I could actually sit with my knees in front of me.

The town itself seems pretty cool so far. It´s just a little fishing village tucked away in a bay on the Caribbean coast. There isn´t much here besides some good seafood restaurants, some hippies, some street dogs (that don´t appear to be doing so good), no ATM´s and a lot of dive shops. That´s why we are here. Tayrona National Park is not too far away and you can get good deals to go dive there and spend a few nights sleeping in hammocks on the beach and just hanging out. We haven´t made definite plans yet, but I think we are going to do a three day two night trip to the park that will include seven dives (one of which is a night dive and one of which is a cave dive). It should be pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I left my underwater housing at home and can´t take any pics on the dives, so you´ll just have to believe us when we write about it afterwards.

No comments: