Home     Destinations      Travel Tips     Photos     Maps     Beer     Contact Info

Friday, July 11, 2008

Diving in Taganga

Our plans for Taganga changed a little from what I wrote last time. Instead of going on a three day diving trip in Tayrona National Park, we are staying in Taganga and diving for a few days and then visiting the Park afterwards. The dives are actually in the park, but we come back to Taganga after each dive and stay at our hostel. The dive company we´ve been going with is Aquantis Dive Center and I recommend them to anyone who visits Taganga. Stef and I both went yesterday for a two tank dive and I went again today. Tomorrow we are both planning on going again for an afternoon dive and a night dive. They have a digital camera that they let me use on the dives, which is great because I didn´t bring the housing for mine. I haven´t seen the pics from the first two days yet, but hopefully some of them came out all right. The coral here is pretty spectacular. Much better than in Hawaii, I think.

Other than the diving, we haven´t been doing much here. The beach is kind of crappy, so Sunday we will head to Arrecifes, which is located in Tayrona National Park and is supposed to have really nice beaches. We plan on sleeping in hammocks on the beach on Sunday and then returning to Taganga on Monday. Tuesday we will head back to Cartagena and then Wednesday we fly to Miami. But I´m trying not to think about that right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Better then Hawaii diving this can not be. You are crazy Loonie