Home     Destinations      Travel Tips     Photos     Maps     Beer     Contact Info

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hammock Bound

Just a quickie to let you know Chris and I are alive and well in Taganga, Colombia. Chris has spent the last three days diving, and I opted out of one day. But we both dived yesterday and I did my first night dive. It wasn't scarey but I did think it was uncomfortable because I felt like I was going to run into someone or something the entire time, and add in bad visability, and it wasn't my favorite. The coral here is varied and nice, the visability isn't great, but the water is pretty warm and there are a lot of small fish. Yesterday, I also saw a seahorse and that was cool.

Today, we are taking a bus into Tayrona National Park. Apparently, they have the best beaches so we are going to stay today and sleep in a hammock tonight and return to Taganga tomorrow. Hopefully this whole experience will be relatively mosquito free. In Taganga, the beaches range from dirty to nasty so I hope these ones don't disappoint.

Tuesday we take a mini bus back to Cartagena, and Wednesday we fly to Miami. Yikes. Sorry to Liz and my parents that I have been MIA lately, Skype here isn't the greatest.

No comments: