Home     Destinations      Travel Tips     Photos     Maps     Beer     Contact Info

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Don't Drink the Water

I just spent two days on the diarrhea train. I would not recommend it. Chris rode it last week and I guess my body felt like it needed to experience it too, either that or Chris poisoned me. Anyway, I was talking to an English girl from our Spanish school last night about getting stomach sickness and traveler’s diarrhea, and her tip was to drink the water everywhere you go, right when you get there. This was definitely the first time I had heard that opinion. She told me that she travels all over the world, and the first thing she does is drink the water, just to get any sickness over with. And this girl has drank some nasty water: from Sri Lanka to India to Guatemala to Mexico. She says that after all of that, she has a really strong stomach, and plus, she sucks her thumb. No joke. She’s 24 and sucks her thumb, and she said that she’s probably stuck all sorts of disgusting stuff into her mouth so that also limits the chances of food poisoning and water poisoning and whatnot. Ew.

For now, I’ll stick with bottled water and Immodium AD.

No comments: