Home     Destinations      Travel Tips     Photos     Maps     Beer     Contact Info

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back in the USA

We made it back to the US of A last week and promptly skipped Miami (due mostly to a lack of a cell phone and no way to get a hold of people), rented a car, and drove straight up to the Atlanta suburbs. Exhausted, we arrived to Chris’s mom’s house and after two nights, borrowed her brand new Civic and drove up to Washington DC. My cousins Jill and Kristin just moved there and Chris had never seen DC (besides the airport) so we spent the weekend site seeing and drinking and having a good time. You can see the pictures here.

Oh yes, and you can see our remaining Colombia pictures here and here.

After enjoying The ONC (Our Nation’s Capitol, I stole that from the cousins) Chris and I drove up to New Jersey and are staying at his grandma’s house in Wayne. Hopefully tomorrow we will drive into New York, and take the ferry into the city. I’m not sure how long we’ll stay around here, but not too long, and then maybe go see a friend in Pittsburg.

So busy busy. I am pretty much out of money and Chris needs to return the car soon so I am not sure how long our great American road trip will last. We are just trying to get adjusted to the lack of hepatitis in the water, the surplus of shops and restaurants, and the pace of everything else. Hopefully soon I will stop staring slack-jawed at the people at the fast food counters due to the overwhelming options in front of me…

No comments: