Home     Destinations      Travel Tips     Photos     Maps     Beer     Contact Info

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

It's late and I am beyond frustrated with computers at the moment. Nothing is working and everything is so slllllllooooooooowwwwwww, I want to pitch this computer through a window. But, I wanted to let you know that the majority of our Galapagos pictures are up. When the wifi decides to cooperate, the rest will be up. I wanted to at least put something on there.

Otherwise, things are fine. We arrived to Quito today and met up with this girl Mel that we went on the Galapagos cruise with. She had already done some ground work on trips into the jungle so tomorrow night we take an overnight bus into the hot, humid, bug infested jungle. We are doing a five day trip and staying in a lodge. There will be day hikes, boat trips, meeting with local people, and pirhana fishing. Yikes. Hopefully nothing swims up our pee holes in the river.

But I (or Chris) will write more before we leave, and hopefully tomorrow we can get the rest of the photos sorted. Now, I'm sleepy and I have a trashy book to finish.

No comments: